2920 N. TWIN CITY HWY
NEDERLAND, TX 77627
TO CHECK WPI-8 STATUS AND PRINT WPI-8
1. When we contract a job with our customer to do any type of work that requires a windstorm inspection, we take all
resposibility of securing the inspection with our certified private engineers. We take all of the frustration and unknowns away
from our customers to insure the inspection process goes smoothly and successfully. Beware of contractors that refuse to
handle this process or have no knowledge of the windstorm certification. Your policy will not get renewed without a WPI-8 on
required windstorm applications.
2. To check WPI-8 status and print WPI-8 certificate, go to: https://apps.tdi.state.tx.us/windstormsearch/start.jsp. Click on
application (WPI-8) status, fill out location information, and click on the search button. All applications that have been filed on
the listed location will appear. Click on the red box for the application that needs to be checked for status or printed. This will
bring you to the WPI-8 information page which details the inspection. Click "Print WPI-8", then print WPI-8 certificate.
3. The certificate process works like this: the engineer makes a field inspection and will imput the information on a WPI-2 form
with their engineer seal, showing it has passed all requirements. It is then sent to the state. Next, the state will imput all the
pertintent information into the computer as a WPI-8. Once that is complete, the certificate will be ready to print. This process
can vary from one week to several weeks, depending on how many applications are waiting to be processed. During a time of
natural disaster, this process does take longer than average. Under normal conditions, the process averages about one week
once the report is received by the state office.
4. The state of Texas, your insurance company and Absolute are not required to supply the customer with the completed WPI-8
certificate. However, we will check the status and print the WPI-8 certificates for our customers.
5. It is our company's responsibility to secure the state windstorm inpection, confirm the inspection and insure delivery from our
private certified engineers to the state.
6. The counties that require windstorm inpections that we service are as follows: Jefferson County, Chambers County and
Galveston County. These counties are classified as first tier counties along the Texas Gulf Coast as indicated in section
7. The above TDI website contains a lot of valuable information concerning approved products, application of products and
general information about TDI.
TEXAS WINDSTORM INSURANCE ASSOCATION (TWIA)
1. To find out more information about TWIA, visit their website at: www.twia.org